This is what I always thought I would dress like as a teacher. All cutsie and put together. Who was I kidding? I am lucky if I get my hair brushed and mascara put on.
I may not be chasing around kindergartners, but fifth graders aren't any less active. I am constantly circling my classroom, kneeling down helping students, walking the halls, pacing the lunch room. I don't stop walking all day, and these wedges, although my favorite, are not the best for walking.
Random Wednesday Thoughts:
- I am so ready to wear boots. We are still pushing three-digit temperatures here in Tejas. I won't shed when summer decides to get on outta here!
- I got the most adorable dress from eShakti sent to me and I can't wait to show you how I styled it!
- My resolution has changed me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. I am learning more about my style and what pieces I will add to my closet when I am able to shop again. I have also learned what pieces are no longer 'me'. Cough, cough...items from high school and the early years of college.
- If you're wondering how my results are coming from my laser hair removal...they are fantastic! I got it done just about a month ago and I have probably shaved my underarms three times and my legs three times. Talk about amazing! And that was only after one treatment!
- Maybe because I live under a rock, but I had no idea about the Phillip Lim for Target craziness. Since I wake up at five and don't get home until around seven or eight, you can bet my mind isn't focused on stalking to see what designer is about to release gorgeous handbags at Target. Jealous, much? YES! Even though I couldn't partake in the purchasing of these beauties, it gives me something to think about. Had I been able to buy one, I probably would have. And guess what? It would have been a complete impulse buy! EXACTLY what I have learned to avoid through this whole no-shopping-for-a-year process. Do I need a new purse? Nope. Are there tons of other options similar to the Phillip Lim ones? Yes. But knowing about the hype, my prior self would have been all over that. I have to pat myself on the back for taking this situation and turning it into a learning experience. "Good job, Sarah. You should reward yourself with a new bag on January 1st, 2014!" Totally kidding...kinda.
Now for the link up!!
- All I ask is you link back to my blog and link to a specific post!!
(some people have been forgetting this lately and, to be honest, it is really disrespectful. 7 out of 21 bloggers linked back to me last week. I will be deleting your post if you don't respect my one and only rule. Thanks!)
- Write about something fashion related (accessories, shoes, modeling, make-up, etc.)
And if you're feeling up to it, you can follow me: